"One day you are a signature, next day you are an autograph." —Billy Wilder

Project 52Dave's Project 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Dave's Project 52

Post by PietFrancke » Fri May 04, 2018 4:13 pm

davechinn wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:07 pm
I often visit Riverside Drive Historic District in Covington, Ky. It is a quiet, peaceful area, where folks can relax in the shade or sunshine along the Ohio River facing Cincinnati. Every visit I take notice, a statue of an African American reading a book on a park bench. I always comment to myself, "is this guy ever gonna finish reading that book"? However, I could not help but take notice that on this day the statued man had a visiter. The scene appeared odd and passersby also took notice. My first inclination to the posted image of week #15 was 'Imaginary lovers', a song by Atlanta Rhythm Section. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Z-DQGqM90 Although, the image can be interpreted many ways, this is just my vision and interpretation.

Imaginary lovers
Never turn you down
When all the others turn you away
this is Awesome Dave. Good job with the deck too, a lot of work but well worth it.

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Sun May 20, 2018 6:37 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:44 am
davechinn wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:48 am
Nothing like needed home repairs to throw off ones daily routine. Week #16 and may go well into week #17 or #18. Never have been much of a fast paced individual, but do need to be more diligent with the process. Maybe next week?
Looks daunting. I’ve been looking at stuff like this for 2 years though so I know how it eats up your life and your money. Finally we are mostly done with our new old house. Be sure to show us the final product.

Thanks Minnie !!! I can only imagine what the last 2 years you have been through, after just finishing up on the long awaited update of a deck. A few little odds and ends still, but for the most part ... FINISHED !!! Now it's time for the next project to absorb my time.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Sun May 20, 2018 6:41 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 4:13 pm
davechinn wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:07 pm
I often visit Riverside Drive Historic District in Covington, Ky. It is a quiet, peaceful area, where folks can relax in the shade or sunshine along the Ohio River facing Cincinnati. Every visit I take notice, a statue of an African American reading a book on a park bench. I always comment to myself, "is this guy ever gonna finish reading that book"? However, I could not help but take notice that on this day the statued man had a visiter. The scene appeared odd and passersby also took notice. My first inclination to the posted image of week #15 was 'Imaginary lovers', a song by Atlanta Rhythm Section. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Z-DQGqM90 Although, the image can be interpreted many ways, this is just my vision and interpretation.

Imaginary lovers
Never turn you down
When all the others turn you away
this is Awesome Dave. Good job with the deck too, a lot of work but well worth it.

Thanks Piet !!! I just happen to be in the right place at the right time to capture this, what seemed to be, a lonely lady.

Yes, lots of work with the deck and it was well worth the effort.
Dave

David Alan Harvey

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Sun May 20, 2018 6:58 pm

I feel I might be playing a little catch up with this 52 project. Week #17 brings my finished updated deck. Lots of hard work and hours. If it ever needs to be done again, it will be contractors performing the job. We used the composite decking boards which is suppose to be maintenance free. We broke it in last night with a cook out between rain and firing up the new gas fire pit for the first time.
Dave
Attachments
DEC_4432w.jpg
DEC_4433w.jpg

David Alan Harvey

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Looks like a job well done....I'm sure your glad to have it behind you..

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon May 21, 2018 12:22 am

davechinn wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 6:58 pm
I feel I might be playing a little catch up with this 52 project. Week #17 brings my finished updated deck. Lots of hard work and hours. If it ever needs to be done again, it will be contractors performing the job. We used the composite decking boards which is suppose to be maintenance free. We broke it in last night with a cook out between rain and firing up the new gas fire pit for the first time.
Dave
This looks contractor finished, well done! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Mon May 21, 2018 3:55 pm

davechinn wrote:
Dave
Now you can enjoy! Job well done! I’m doing the same with my new/old house, which is habitable, and I’m here now. My photography has been kinda stunted while all this has been going on, but for the first time, I reserved a set of hours here to just take and work on photos of my ordinary stuff that I have here - the work we’ve done, and the oddities we’ve discovered, in addition to the exploration of our rather uncivilized surroundings.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Mon May 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm
Looks like a job well done....I'm sure your glad to have it behind you..

Thanks Frank, yes so glad its behind me now.
Dave

David Alan Harvey

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue May 22, 2018 12:47 am

lucky you're handy. Looks very inviting. Have a rollicking summer. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Tue May 22, 2018 2:23 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:22 am
davechinn wrote:
Dave
This looks contractor finished, well done! S-

Thanks Steve, actually the composite boards are perfect for just about any amateur.
Dave

David Alan Harvey