"Sometimes imagination is no more than randomness applied." —Piet Francke

Project 52Minnie's 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minnie's 52

Post by St3v3M » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:00 am

minniev wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:45 pm
Here is what happens when a woman who owns no candles has a 52 spinner- assignment of "candlelight" on a day when it's pouring rain, and she wasn't motivated to go buy any anyway. I found some leftover birthday candles, and set about doing something playful. Meet two of my childhood companions, Pam and Mary-Lynn, one of Aunt Allie's monogrammed salt cellars, and my living room around 5 AM. Then add some of everything.
I like the texture but I won't be roaming the halls at 5am anytime soon. Creepy dolls are worse than creepy clowns so on an emotional scale you made a winner! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:04 am

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:10 pm
Thanks Linda. This one was borne of desperation, I fear. But these darned spinner challenges force you out of your box! I was not all that eager to try them because I LIKE my box, but I confess it's helped me think differently, and that will probably help within the box as well.
It's always fun to see what The Wheel brings! S-

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Well, wouldn't you know it, after all our cold weather, I spin "ice cold" on the wheel during a week when we didn't have much of that. One day it got below freezing, but not enough so that anything froze. So, I give you a photo taken a couple of days ago at precisely 31 degrees F, which is as cold as ice but doesn't create any. It was a good outing to try long exposure which this is.

And then, because I felt like I might be cheating, I took a picture of tonight's supper, cabbage and tomato soup, fresh from the freezer. In fact I took 3 pictures and stacked them with different kinds of ice all stacked up together. Then I left it out to thaw. This stuff is SO good.
Attachments
cold (1 of 1).jpg
soup (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:15 am

minniev wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:09 pm
Well, wouldn't you know it, after all our cold weather, I spin "ice cold" on the wheel during a week when we didn't have much of that. One day it got below freezing, but not enough so that anything froze. So, I give you a photo taken a couple of days ago at precisely 31 degrees F, which is as cold as ice but doesn't create any. It was a good outing to try long exposure which this is.

And then, because I felt like I might be cheating, I took a picture of tonight's supper, cabbage and tomato soup, fresh from the freezer. In fact I took 3 pictures and stacked them with different kinds of ice all stacked up together. Then I left it out to thaw. This stuff is SO good.
Love the reflection in the water; I can't get enough of those.

I'll see you your soup and raise you scrambled eggs. Matt
photoMentoris-29.jpg
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by LindaShorey » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:19 am

Minnie, your long exposure is gorgeous!! Can't say as I recognize any cabbage or soup in #2, but a very creative idea for an abstract :)
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:16 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:15 am

Love the reflection in the water; I can't get enough of those.

I'll see you your soup and raise you scrambled eggs. Matt

photoMentoris-29.jpg
Glad you like the long exposure, I’m still learning about controlling for light and movement.

Thanks for breakfast!

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:21 am

LindaShorey wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:19 am
Minnie, your long exposure is gorgeous!! Can't say as I recognize any cabbage or soup in #2, but a very creative idea for an abstract :)
Glad you liked the long exposure. I get just enough out of these to try another.

The cabbage sank to the bottom so the tomato broth is what I could see. It was in a red Tupperware so it looked really lurid and kinda creepy. I get silly sometimes...the 52 project can do that to you :)

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:41 pm

minniev wrote:

Spinning cold on the wheel with a not so cold week, sounds much like Murphy's law is at hand. Happens to me all the time, (Murphy's law that is) but will say you found a way to put ole' Murphy in his/her place. The first image is a wonderful, pleasing scene. So relaxing, but I can't say the same about the other. Not much of a cabbage tasting fan, other than coleslaw, but your efforts to stay honest should be commended and is recognized. The cabbage and tomato soup image has a lava look to it from a volcano.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:53 am

davechinn wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Spinning cold on the wheel with a not so cold week, sounds much like Murphy's law is at hand. Happens to me all the time, (Murphy's law that is) but will say you found a way to put ole' Murphy in his/her place. The first image is a wonderful, pleasing scene. So relaxing, but I can't say the same about the other. Not much of a cabbage tasting fan, other than coleslaw, but your efforts to stay honest should be commended and is recognized. The cabbage and tomato soup image has a lava look to it from a volcano.
Dave
Thanks Dave.

(The cabbage soup really good, but the picture was an exercise in cold day fun - the lurid red came from the tupperware and stacking multiple shots on top of each other. Oh the things we do when playing with pictures...

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:13 am

minniev wrote:
I love the irony! S-