"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

Project 52Minnie's 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2510
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Minnie's 52

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:47 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:08 am
peeking from the warmth
slippery water hard and cold
the nymphs find their skates


18 syllables? Not 17? Or is slippery two syllables? Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1293
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:47 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:08 am
peeking from the warmth
slippery water hard and cold
the nymphs find their skates


18 syllables? Not 17? Or is slippery two syllables? Matt
LOL. I read it three or four times and kept getting 17, even after your post. Mentally - it was water that tripped me up. Slippery (3) water hard and cold (4) --- till suddenly I realized water is two syllables. Mentally stubborn me, I see what I want to see!

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Posts: 3675
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:31 pm

“Slip’rry” sounds a little British-y but it fixes the syllable count😀
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2510
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:43 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:26 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:47 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:08 am
peeking from the warmth
slippery water hard and cold
the nymphs find their skates


18 syllables? Not 17? Or is slippery two syllables? Matt
LOL. I read it three or four times and kept getting 17, even after your post. Mentally - it was water that tripped me up. Slippery (3) water hard and cold (4) --- till suddenly I realized water is two syllables. Mentally stubborn me, I see what I want to see!
Don't we all! Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:32 am

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:44 pm
I am using the spinner to help drive the image I post in this thread every week. This week I got "Natural Framing" and of course went to the swamp and the dam. The swamp proved more useful. However, it's 12 degrees here today, and zero with the wind chill factor. Coldest it's been in a century, they claim. So I was only able to stay out a short while. Between shivering and not being able to work with a tripod with my thick gloves, I settled for less than I wanted. But the week's still young!

I call this one "Swamp in a Cypress Frame".

I use rough cypress frames from Fads-n-Frames for lots of my prints, but this one is a little unfinished and I think I'll leave it where it is.
The simplicity of this makes me want more! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:36 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:08 am
peeking from the warmth
slippery water hard and cold
the nymphs find their skates
Okay, now someone has to add nymphs on skates! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Posts: 3675
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:12 pm

On my second week of the Spinner, I got negative space. Well, that one's pretty easy for me, if I can find a bird at the dam. Today I left home in hopes that a break in the rain would hold up but it was not to be, it rained cats and dogs, and I of course forgot my lens hood, so I ended up having to shoot from the car to shield the lens enough to take a photo. There were about 8-10 birds at the dam, an excellent sign that they may be thinking of coming back as they usually do in January. So I tried a couple of different negative spaces, dark and light.
Attachments
ns (1 of 1)-2.jpg
ns (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:37 pm

minniev wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:12 pm
On my second week of the Spinner, I got negative space. Well, that one's pretty easy for me, if I can find a bird at the dam. Today I left home in hopes that a break in the rain would hold up but it was not to be, it rained cats and dogs, and I of course forgot my lens hood, so I ended up having to shoot from the car to shield the lens enough to take a photo. There were about 8-10 birds at the dam, an excellent sign that they may be thinking of coming back as they usually do in January. So I tried a couple of different negative spaces, dark and light.
You've set the bar pretty high! The second is amazing! Well done! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Posts: 3675
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:19 am

St3v3M wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:37 pm
You've set the bar pretty high! The second is amazing! Well done! S-
Thank you!
I did my spinner for next week and got Self Portrait. There is nothing I’d rather do less. Arghh!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:21 am

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:19 am
Thank you!
I did my spinner for next week and got Self Portrait. There is nothing I’d rather do less. Arghh!
You mean I'll have to take another one? Who made these challenges anyway... Errr
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests