The only person you should try to be better than is who you were yesterday. – unknown

Project 52Minnie's 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Minnie's 52

Post by minniev » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:54 pm

FLOWERs, says the wheel.

Two for the price of one, right time of year.
Attachments
weed (1 of 1).jpg
yellow (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2315
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:25 am

A gift to you from the wheel, Minnie, and from you to us. Enchanting. Well done, especially the second. And I smiled at the peek-a-boo of the first; very playful .. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:25 am
A gift to you from the wheel, Minnie, and from you to us. Enchanting. Well done, especially the second. And I smiled at the peek-a-boo of the first; very playful .. Matt
The wheel has been kind to me of late, but I'm sure he'll throw me a curve soon. Glad you liked 'em Matt. The second one is another texture experiment. You'll be doing those soon, with your new PS class.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:16 am

like the B/W, really like the background on the second, but don't like the green of the flower itself - just a personal dislike of that particular color. But the reds and yellows and orange on the background work well with it.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:47 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:16 am
like the B/W, really like the background on the second, but don't like the green of the flower itself - just a personal dislike of that particular color. But the reds and yellows and orange on the background work well with it.
Thank ya. If I could remember how I got that desaturated look on the other one, I could try that!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:58 pm

This week's assignment - HANDS. I envy the hands Ernst and Shine post here, and would have tried to shoot some "character" hands if I had a normal week, but my eyes limited me in several ways. So I accepted what I had and here goes my plaything for this week. Youngest grandson is 3, and he was enchanted with my cousin's antique sewing scissors with the crane heads. So I took a picture of his dirty little hands experimenting with them before his daddy caught him and took them away, then I did my own experiment with conversion, film emulation filters, and selective color (sepia for the hands and silver toning for the scissors). And of course texture for fun. I like the hands theme so may do more before the week is out, especially as my eyes allow me some increased freedom.
Attachments
hands (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1506
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:47 pm

Your selective color treatment brilliant, and the rest well done...wonderful image, I might mitigate the lightness right of right hand as it seems a bit haloish (is that a word)...

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4098
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:24 pm

minniev wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:58 pm
This week's assignment - HANDS. I envy the hands Ernst and Shine post here, and would have tried to shoot some "character" hands if I had a normal week, but my eyes limited me in several ways. So I accepted what I had and here goes my plaything for this week. Youngest grandson is 3, and he was enchanted with my cousin's antique sewing scissors with the crane heads. So I took a picture of his dirty little hands experimenting with them before his daddy caught him and took them away, then I did my own experiment with conversion, film emulation filters, and selective color (sepia for the hands and silver toning for the scissors). And of course texture for fun. I like the hands theme so may do more before the week is out, especially as my eyes allow me some increased freedom.
Hands are like eyes, they tell a lot about a person. I wonder what ours say? S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon May 07, 2018 2:47 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:47 pm
Your selective color treatment brilliant, and the rest well done...wonderful image, I might mitigate the lightness right of right hand as it seems a bit haloish (is that a word)...
Thanks Frank, I do need to darken that. It is in the original but that is irrelevant, since it is a distraction, to me too.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon May 07, 2018 2:48 am

St3v3M wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:24 pm

Hands are like eyes, they tell a lot about a person. I wonder what ours say? S-
I had some of the artists weathered hands contrasted to Luke's grubby baby hands, but the light was so difficult, they didn't work. I want to try that concept again.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest