"You Are The Difference!"

Project 365Matt's 365

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Matt's 365

Post by LindaShorey » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:09 pm

"An Imperfect Lilly" ...Delicate and beautifully done! Matt, I have a big request: when you post a new photo to any of your ongoing threads, please just scroll below the "quick reply" box and click on the button "full editor and preview." Do NOT use the quote reply function. You are quoting quotes of quotes of quotes and making it really hard to see new comments. If you keep doing that, by May you'll have two full pages of old, irrelevant "quotes" for each photo :| Many thanks!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by minniev » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:38 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:54 am

Matt's 365: #5: Snow star

A gift from the storm. Matt

photoMentoris-33.jpg
I dont know what it is or how you did it but it's pretty cool, and especially in monochrome.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:34 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:09 pm
"An Imperfect Lilly" ...Delicate and beautifully done! Matt, I have a big request: when you post a new photo to any of your ongoing threads, please just scroll below the "quick reply" box and click on the button "full editor and preview." Do NOT use the quote reply function. You are quoting quotes of quotes of quotes and making it really hard to see new comments. If you keep doing that, by May you'll have two full pages of old, irrelevant "quotes" for each photo :| Many thanks!
Linda, Many, many thanks. I hated the clutter but didn't know how to avoid it. Never hesitate to suggest ways for me to avoid these kinds of messes. I will follow it, I hope, in the next post; if I get it wrong, let me know, please. Thanks. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:37 pm

Matt's 365-7: Leaf
photoMentoris-43.jpg
photoMentoris-43.jpg (154.42 KiB) Viewed 250 times
Matt Quinn

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:30 am

minniev wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:38 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:54 am

Matt's 365: #5: Snow star

A gift from the storm. Matt

photoMentoris-33.jpg
I dont know what it is or how you did it but it's pretty cool, and especially in monochrome.
That's the way the lamp reflects on the snow. I just took the photo. Thanks. Matt
Matt Quinn

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:37 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:34 pm
Linda, Many, many thanks. I hated the clutter but didn't know how to avoid it. Never hesitate to suggest ways for me to avoid these kinds of messes. I will follow it, I hope, in the next post; if I get it wrong, let me know, please. Thanks. Matt
Thank YOU, Matt! Chaos and clutter make me anxious. A step further - more type A and OCD than anxious - is to delete the quotes-within-quotes, or long quotes, anything not needed. That's what I did here; otherwise my comment to you would have been included above. But even I understand that can be carrying things just a bit too far - ha. Like going back to edit a tiny typo or misplaced punctuation; I hope that most folks have better things to do :D

And also, when you go inside the quotes to remove extraneous, you chance inadvertently removing a piece of formatting (the word quote with bracket on each side) that is needed to separate a quote from the new comment...which makes a real mess :| OK, back to photography, sorry for the side track!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Matt's 365-8: At the Center of the Universe

Railroad Pot Belly Stove at the Brewster General Store where the wise old men with their morning cuppa preview the NE Patriots Super Bowl performance this evening.

Matt
photoMentoris-47.jpg
Matt Quinn

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:00 am
davechinn wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:35 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:54 am
As if I don't have enough challenge in my life; I'll take this plunge and see how far I'll get. At least I will know where I have been.

Matt's 365-1: Brewster Mill

I pass this mill every day going or coming to and from errands while we are at Cape Cod. It's a granary mill where the original resident brought their corn for grinding. The wheel was/is powered by Paines Creek which runs on the right. The mill wheel is visible on the lower right of the building. A few days a year, the Conservation Committee opens the sluice and grinds corn for sale. Awful stuff; critters galore in it. But it's a good cause. I'll look up more info on the structure. MattphotoMentoris-12.jpg

Matt, a lovely, peaceful setting. The composition is spot on, but I am curious to see more. Not necessarily in this photo, but just in general. I do believe this one may have been an attractive scene in color as well, but B&W is most likely the way I would have gone too. A good start for 365. However, I find 52 to be a challenge for me, so kudos to you for taking on more than I could chew.
Dave
Dave,

A few more of the mill in the snow. Matt

photoMentoris-36.jpgphotoMentoris-37.jpg

Thanks for the additional images Matt. They help so much in understanding the surrounding area.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:57 pm

I can see that you have a chair reserved in the group Matt. Well deserved I am sure. I like the air of relaxation and warmth - this is what Church should be like - if not church, perhaps heaven.

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:06 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:57 pm
I can see that you have a chair reserved in the group Matt. Well deserved I am sure. I like the air of relaxation and warmth - this is what Church should be like - if not church, perhaps heaven.
Thanks Piet. Are you familiar with "Lenswork?" They published an issue last year,I think, which included a series of photos of old Quaker Meetinghouses.You would relish seeing them. Matt
Matt Quinn