"One day you are a signature, next day you are an autograph." —Billy Wilder

Project 365Matt's 365

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Matt's 365

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:54 am

As if I don't have enough challenge in my life; I'll take this plunge and see how far I'll get. At least I will know where I have been.

Matt's 365-1: Brewster Mill

I pass this mill every day going or coming to and from errands while we are at Cape Cod. It's a granary mill where the original resident brought their corn for grinding. The wheel was/is powered by Paines Creek which runs on the right. The mill wheel is visible on the lower right of the building. A few days a year, the Conservation Committee opens the sluice and grinds corn for sale. Awful stuff; critters galore in it. But it's a good cause. I'll look up more info on the structure. Matt
photoMentoris-12.jpg
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by davechinn » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:54 am
As if I don't have enough challenge in my life; I'll take this plunge and see how far I'll get. At least I will know where I have been.

I pass this mill every day going or coming to and from errands while we are at Cape Cod. It's a granary mill where the original resident brought their corn for grinding. The wheel was/is powered by Paines Creek which runs on the right. The mill wheel is visible on the lower right of the building. A few days a year, the Conservation Committee opens the sluice and grinds corn for sale. Awful stuff; critters galore in it. But it's a good cause. I'll look up more info on the structure. MattphotoMentoris-12.jpg

Matt, a lovely, peaceful setting. The composition is spot on, but I am curious to see more. Not necessarily in this photo, but just in general. I do believe this one may have been an attractive scene in color as well, but B&W is most likely the way I would have gone too. A good start for 365. However, I find 52 to be a challenge for me, so kudos to you for taking on more than I could chew.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:47 am

davechinn wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:35 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:

I pass this mill every day going or coming to and from errands while we are at Cape Cod. It's a granary mill where the original resident brought their corn for grinding. The wheel was/is powered by Paines Creek which runs on the right. The mill wheel is visible on the lower right of the building. A few days a year, the Conservation Committee opens the sluice and grinds corn for sale. Awful stuff; critters galore in it. But it's a good cause. I'll look up more info on the structure. MattphotoMentoris-12.jpg

Matt, a lovely, peaceful setting. The composition is spot on, but I am curious to see more. Not necessarily in this photo, but just in general. I do believe this one may have been an attractive scene in color as well, but B&W is most likely the way I would have gone too. A good start for 365. However, I find 52 to be a challenge for me, so kudos to you for taking on more than I could chew.
Dave
Thanks Dave. If you are interested, I could post a few others of this scene. I appreciate the support and encouragement. Am about to post #2. Matt
Matt Quinn

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:49 am

Matt Quinn wrote:

Matt's 365-2: Get-Well Bouquet

A friend sent these to my wife to cheer her up after she broke her right shoulder last week. It works. Matt
photoMentoris-19.jpg
Matt Quinn

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:14 am

good critter food making mill shot, I hope your better half heals quickly, someone needs to keep you in line!!

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:25 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:14 am
good critter food making mill shot, I hope your better half heals quickly, someone needs to keep you in line!!
Many have tried.
Matt Quinn

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:49 am
Matt Quinn wrote:

A friend sent these to my wife to cheer her up after she broke her right shoulder last week. It works. MattphotoMentoris-19.jpg
Matt's 365-3: Cape Cod Cottage, Early Evening

Before the storm started and the sanders went out.

Matt
photoMentoris-22.jpg
Matt Quinn

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:49 am

A friend sent these to my wife to cheer her up after she broke her right shoulder last week. It works. MattphotoMentoris-19.jpg
Nice shot of beautiful flowers, glad you left these in color!!

I was thinking about ya'll yesterday while at the hospital with my son, who managed to break his leg over the weekend in a freak home accident. This is gonna be a challenge. Three little kids, frantic wife and a very grumpy daddy.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:04 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 am
Beautiful and inviting. There is something so appealing about a photo that shows the warm lights of a cozy house in the blue light of a winter evening or morning. Thomas Kinkade has made a fortune from that emotional response, and Currier and Ives before him.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Cape Cod home...so warm and inviting, with the window candles adding more "welcome." Great rock wall - so New England!!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt